Grand Rounds – July 18, 2017
The University of Florida Department of Neurology
“Neuroprognostication Post Cardiac Arrest”
Carolina Maciel, MD
Katharina Busl, MD
Chief and Associate Professor of the Neurocritical Care Division
Co-Director of the Neuro-ICU<
Teddy Youn, MD
Presentation will be in lecture format with Q & A following
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
McKnight Brain Institute, DeWeese Auditorium, LG-101
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Outline the impact of Cardiac Arrest in the US and worldwide as a public health matter
- Define Post-Cardiac Arrest Syndrome and cite the main mechanisms underlying Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury
- Indicate the strategies to improve neurologic outcomes following return of spontaneous circulation and apply neuro-driven goals to guide the primary team during post-resuscitation care
- Apply a multimodal approach with different prognostic tools in your neurologic prediction assessments.
- Recognize main areas of ongoing investigations to tailor the care of cardiac arrest patients.
- Reach the Neurocritical Care Division – we are here to help!
Drs. Maciel, Busl and Youn have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships. No one else in a position to control the content of this activity has any financial relationships to disclose.
The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity