Yue Wang, MD, Ph.D
Phone: (352) 273-5550
Fax: (352) 273-5575
Department of Neurology
Room L3-100, McKnight Brain Institute
1149 Newell Drive
Gainesville, FL. 32611
Dr. Wang was born in Beijing, China and received her MD from Capital Medical University in Beijing. She then earned a Ph.D degree in neuroanatomy from University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, MS. After that, she did research in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy in the department of Neurosurgery at Yale University. She did her neurology residency and fellowship in epilepsy at University of Florida. She is board certified in Adult Neurology (ABPN). She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Epilepsy Society and the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
- Medically refractory epilepsy – surgical evaluation, treatment, and outcomes
- ICU EEG Monitoring
- Seizure detection
|2015||Neurophysiology Fellowship||University of Florida, College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2014||Residency, Neurology||University of Florida, College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2011||Residency, Internal Medicine||University of Florida, College of Medicine||Gainesville, FL|
|2010||Post Doc Associate, Neurosurgery||Yale University School of Medicine||New Haven, CT|
|2005||PhD, Department of Anatomy||University of Mississippi Medical Center||Jackson, MS|
|1999||Residency, Neurology||Xuanwu Hospital||Beijing, China|
|1996||MD||Capital Medical University||Beijing, China|
Awards and Honors
|2014||AES Fellows Program|
|2013||Resident Scholarship to the Annual Meeting of AAN|
|2003||The National Dean’s List|
|1996||Outstanding University Graduates Honored by the Capital University of Medical Sciences|
|1991-1996||Scholarships of the Capital University of Medical Sciences|
|1991-1996||All Around Best Student|
- Eid T, Lee TS, Wang Y, Peréz E, Drummond J, Lauritzen F, Bergersen LH, Meador-Woodruff JH, Spencer DD, de Lanerolle NC, McCullumsmith RE. Epilepsia 2013; 54(2): 228-238
- Perez EL, Lauritzen F, Wang Y, Lee TS, Kang D, Zaveri HP, Chaudhry FA, Ottersen OP, Bergersen LH, Eid T. Neurobiol Dis 2012; 47(3): 331-337
- Lauritzen F, Perez EL, Melillo ER, Roh JM, Zaveri HP, Lee TS, Wang Y, Bergersen LH, Eid T. Neurobiol Dis 2012; 45 (1): 165-176
- Wang Y, Zaveri HP, Lee TS, Eid T. Exp Neurol. 2009; 220(2): 293-302
- Eid T, Ghosh A, Wang Y, Beckström H, Zaveri HP, Lee TS, Lai JC, Malthankar-Phatak GH, de Lanerolle NC. Recurrent seizures and brain pathology after inhibition of glutamine synthetase in the hippocampus in rats. Brain. 2008 Aug; 131(8): 2061-2070.
- Wang Y, Simpson K, Lin RC. Patterns of convergence in rat zona incerta from the trigeminal nuclear complex: light and electron microscopic study. The Journal of Comparative Neurology. 2008 Apr; 507(4): 1521-1541.
- Maciag D, Simpson KL, Coppinger D, Lu Y, Wang Y, Lin RC, Paul IA. Neonatal antidepressant exposure has lasting effects on behavior and serotonin circuitry. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006 Jan; 31(1): 47-57.