Tirisham Gyang, MD
Phone: (352) 273-5550
Fax: (352) 273-5575
Department of Neurology
Room L3-100, McKnight Brain Institute
1149 Newell Drive
Gainesville, FL. 32611
Tirisham Gyang M.D, is a neurologist specialized in multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology. She completed he undergraduate studies at Saint Louis University, St Louis MO and then attended the global scholar’s program of St Georges University Medical School. During medical school she developed an interest in neurology and eventually completed her neurology residency at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse NY. This led to a more specific interest in multiple sclerosis and similar disorders.
She is currently a neurology fellow at University of Rochester Medical school training as a clinician and clinical researcher in neuroimmunology and multiple sclerosis and is a National MS society scholar. She will be joining the neurology department of University of Florida in July of 2017. Her current interests are in experimental therapeutics in multiple sclerosis and clinical trials in MS and neuoimmunology.
Education and Training
|07/15-06/17||Fellowship in Neuroimmunology and Multiple sclerosis; National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) Scholar||University of Rochester Medical Center||Rochester, NY|
|07/16-06/17||Fellowship in Experimental therapeutics fellowship||University of Rochester Medical Center||Rochester, NY|
|07/12-06/15||Residency, Neurology||SUNY Upstate Medical University||Syracuse, NY|
|07/11-6/12||Internship, Internal Medicine||SUNY Upstate Medical University||Syracuse, NY|
|01/07-12/10||MD, Keith B. Taylor Global scholars program||St George’s University School of Medicine||Grenada, West Indies|
|01/07-12/07||Diploma of Higher Education in Medical Sciences||Northumbria University||Newcastle, UK|
|08/04-05/06||Bachelor of Arts in Biology||St Louis University||St. Louis, MO|
Awards, Honors and Scholarships
- 6/2015 Resident Professionalism Award, Neurology Department SUNY Upstate
- 1/2015 CMSC Mentorship scholarship
- 5/2014 Resident Scholarship Award, Neurology Department SUNY Upstate
- 3/2014 National Doctors Day Award, Upstate University Hospital
- 2013 New York State Neurological Society, New York State 2013 Neurostake winner – delegate member
- 2012-2015 Neurology resident representative, SUNY Upstate Medical School Teaching Hospital
- 2007 International Peace Scholarship- St Georges University
- 2012- Present American Academy of Neurology
- 2015- Present Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC)
- 2015- Present MS Professionals in training MSPiT – CMSC
- Gyang T, Hammel J, Goodman A, Gross, R, Samkoff L. Fingolimod-associated PML in a patient with prior immunosuppression. Neurology May 10, 2016 vol. 86 no. 19 1843-1845.
- Goodman A, Gyang T, Smith A. Ibudilast for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Expert Opinion Investig Drugs. 2016 Oct;25(10):1231-7.