What to Expect
- Plan to be in the EMG lab for at least an hour.
- Wear loose fitting pants, skirts or shorts, and / or short sleeves, if your symptoms are in your legs or feet / arms or hands, respectively.
- Be prepared to change into a hospital gown, if needed.
- Socks and shoes are removed for leg studies.
- Please keep your hands and feet as warm as possible prior to the study.
- Bathe as usual prior to your appointment, but omit any lotions, creams, oil or Vaseline after bathing to improve your comfort and the chance for the clearest results.