November 2 – November 8, 2014 Volume 6 Issue 44
- Benefits Open Enrollment period runs Oct. 20 through Nov. 7 http://news.hr.ufl.edu/2014/10/open-enrollment/ This year’s Open Enrollment period begins Oct. 20 at 8 a.m. and ends Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Employees are encouraged to submit their enrollment selections prior to Nov. 7 in case assistance is needed from UFBenefits staff.
- December Leave Cash-out Period is Nov. 7-20 http://news.hr.ufl.edu/2014/10/december-leave-cash-out/ TEAMS employees are eligible to cash out up to 16 hours of vacation leave—regardless of FTE—during the pay period of Nov. 7 to 20, provided 40 hours of vacation leave remain on balance after the end of that pay period.
- Welcome to Rosie Kizza, RN who has joined the Vascular Division as a Research Coordinator. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 273-6448
- Some phishing emails have been going around again. Phishing attacks use email, websites, and sometimes unsolicited phone calls to ask for personal information from seemingly trustworthy organizations and people. The links that they provide may point to a site used to spread a computer virus which would try to infect your computer. **Do not click on any links or respond to emails asking for your personal information or credentials. No legitimate help desk, email provider, banking, brokerage, social networking or shopping site will ever ask you for this information in an email.** If you have a question about an email from an organization with which you do business, please call a known and trusted phone number or go a bookmarked favorite; do not use the link in the email. If you did click the link and enter your information in response to this or any other suspicious emails please change your Gatorlink password immediately.
- Congratulation to UF Health Shands Hospital on being awarded a four-star rating from the University HealthSystem Consortium for overall quality and accountability performance and thank you to our colleagues who are leading clinical quality, safety and performance at UF Health Shands Hospital. This accomplishment is the work of many — our clinical faculty and staff at the patient bedside and all the teams who support them in our goal to provide the highest quality, safest patient care to every patient, every time.
|Monday November 3, 2014||Tuesday November 4, 2014||Wednesday November 5, 2014||Thursday November 6, 2014||Friday November 7, 2014|
|Finney – Acting Chair||Finney – Acting Chair|