May 24–May 30, Volume 7, Issue 20
The Department of Neurology invites you to join us at the annual celebration recognizing residents and fellows who are completing their training.Saturday, June 6th 3:00-6:00 p.m.The Arredondo Roomlocated on the 4th floor of the J.W. Reitz Union(655 Reitz Union Drive on the University of Florida Campus)This party also serves as an annual reunion; families and guests are welcome. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be provided, with the award presentation beginning at 4:30 p.m.Please RSVP to Jennifer Shipley at 273-5549 or Jennifer.email@example.com with the number attending. Children are welcome. Please also contact Jennifer for Directions if needed.
- NIH Notice of Potential Delays to NIH Issuing Awards in May 2015 – National Institutes of Health issued [grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-088.html]NOT-OD-15-088 indicating that there would be delays in processing various grant processes due to upgrades in NIH systems between May 19 and June 3. NIH Commons will be down on May 23 during which time Commons submissions and new ASSIST applications will be affected. May 25 is a deadline for Program Project & Center Grant Applications. Systems are expected to be back up for the deadline but we wanted to make you are aware
May 29th – June 3rd
No Notices of Award will be issued.
No processing of No-Cost Extensions. Although Commons will remain available to submit requests, your Commons record will not be updated during the downtime.
No processing of Fellowship Activations. xTrain will remain available to submit activation forms, NIH records will not be updated during the downtime.
May 23, 2015
On this date, Commons will be unavailable for any actions, including:
Submissions to Commons (e.g., Submission of RPPR, FFR, JIT, and creation of new profiles ).
Submission of new applications through ASSIST.
|Type||Program Title||Announcement||Sponsor||Due Date|
|X02||Pre-Application for Collaborative Innovation Award, CTSA Program (INTERNAL COMPETITION)||PAR-15-173||David Nelson/NIH||04/17/15|
|LimitedSubmission||Scientific Innovations Award (SIA) UF may submit only one application in response to this solicitation. Interested candidates should submit an internal Letter of Intent (LOI) to the UF Office of Research (Attn: Jeevan Jyot, firstname.lastname@example.org) by Apr 20, 2015.||LOI Guidelines||Brain Research Foundation||04/20/15|
|U01||Collaborative Innovation Award, Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) (INTERNAL COMPETITION)||PAR-15-172||David Nelson/NIH||05/04/15|
|U01||Alzheimer’s Drug-Development Program (LOI)||PAR-15-174||NIH||05/04/15|
|T32||Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grant (Parent T32)||PA-14-015||NIH||05/25/15|
|U01||Alzheimer’s Drug-Development Program Full Application||PAR-15-174||NIH||06/05/15|
|R01||Research Project Grant (Parent R01)||PA-13-302||NIH||06/05/15|
|R01||Development and Characterization of Animal Models for Aging Research (R01)||PA-13-155||NIH||06/05/15|
|k08||AHRQ Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) Mentored Clinical Investigator Award (K08)||PA-13-180||Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality||06/12/15|
|K01||AHRQ Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01)||PA-13-181||Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality||06/12/15|
|R03||NIH Small Research Grant Program (Parent R03)||PA-13-304||NIH||06/16/15|
|R21||NIH Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant Program (Parent R21)||PA-13-303||NIH||06/16/15|
|R36||Aging Research Dissertation Awards to Increase Diversity (R36)||PAR-13-152||NIH||06/16/15|
|R21||Development and Characterization of Animal Models for Aging Research (R21)||PA-13-156||NIH||06/16/15|
|R13, U13||NIH Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (Parent R13/U13)||PA-13-347||NIH||8/12/15|
|Cognitive Neuroscience (CogNeuro)||PD 15-1699||NSF||8/13/15|
- Applications containing one or more biosketches that do not conform to the required format may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-15-032).
- Applications that do not conform to the page limit requirements because inappropriate materials have been included in other parts of the application may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-11-080).
- Applications submitted as new but containing elements of a resubmission or renewal application are noncompliant with the resubmission policy and may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-15-059).
- Applications submitted after 5 PM local (applicant organization) time on the application due date may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-15-039).
|Monday, May 25||Tuesday, May 26||Wednesday, May 27||Thursday, May 28||Friday, May 29|
|Holiday||11am Peer Review (Faculty Only), MBI, LG-101, DeWeese Auditorium
12pm Neurology Grand Rounds – Neil Masangkay, MD “Active Learning in Medicine & Neurology”, MBI, LG-101, DeWeese Auditorium
|12pm Noon Conference, MS#4 – Dr. Wicklund, MBI L3-101, Neurology Large Conference Room||12pm Noon Conference, Tremor disorders – Dr. Hess, MBI L3-101, Neurology Large Conference Room|
On Call Schedule
|Call Calendar||Sunday, May 24||Monday, May 25||Tuesday, May 26||Wednesday, May 27||Thursday, May 28||Friday, May 29||Saturday, May 30|
|Vascular Neurology Fellow||Rosado||Rosado||Rosado||Rosado||Xu||Xu|
|Resident Cont. ClinicAttending 1-5 pm|
|Resident PGY-2 ContClinic Attending 1p-5p||Wicklund|
|VA OnCall Resident 8a-8p||Victor||Victor||Yu||Victor||Yu||Yu||Victor|
|Shands General On CallResident 8a-5p||Kahlil/Besharat||Yang||Khalil||Khalil||Khalil||Khalil||Khalil/Besharat|
|Shands Stoke On CallResident 8a-5p||Renati||Soto||Soto||Soto||Renati||Renati||Soto|
|Shands Short Call Resident5p-8p||Khalil/Besharat||Soto||Khalil/Besharat||Renati||Yang||Yang||Khalil|
|Shands Night Float 8p-8a||Yancy||Yancey||Yanceyt||Yancey||Yancey||Yancey||Yancey|
|VA Night Float 8p-8a||Lunagariya||Lunagariya||Lunagariya||Lunagariya||Lunagariya||Lunagariya||Lunagariya|