October 25-31, Volume 7, Issue 42
Congratulations to Dr. Lucas Beerepoot on receiving your Subspecialty Certification in Neuro-oncology!
SHCC flu vaccination events at UF Health. This fall, UF Student Health Care Center hosts a number of flu vaccination events at UF Health. At these events, all UF faculty, staff and students can receive a no-cost vaccination with ID badge and insurance card. Dates are subject to change based on flu vaccine availability. Click here for the most up-to-date schedule of events.
- Monday, Oct. 26, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.: UF Health Science Center Founders Gallery
- Friday, Oct. 30, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.: UF Health Science Center Founders Gallery
Please note that SHCC staff at vaccination events at UF Health are unable to fill out department immunization records forms; however, many areas accept one of the following options: an unofficial PDF of your immunizations from the SHCC Web Portal (available within 48 hours) or official SHCC immunization records. Should you wish to bring your department’s form to Special Clinics at the Infirmary or SHCC@Shands for completion, please note that there will be a $5 fee.
Credit Union Deductions
Effective Jan. 1, 2016, the University of Florida will no longer allow credit union deductions from employees’ paychecks. This change does not impact the direct deposit of paychecks. Due to advances in technology, it is no longer necessary for these deductions to be taken by the University on behalf of its employees.
- 1700 employees have credit union deductions, and all except five of those deductions are to Campus USA Credit Union. We have been working closely with Campus USA on this change.
- An email was sent to each employee on October 6, 2015 with detailed information. The email also included Frequently Asked Questions. Monthly email reminders will be sent to affected employees through the end of the year.
- As payroll processors, we would like you to be aware of this change. If employees have questions, please have them contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Neurology would like to acknowledge the following providers for getting a perfect audit outcome for the two year audit cycle ending 12/31/16
- Teresa Sol De Jesus, MD
- Stephan Eisenscheck, MD
- Kenneth Heilman, MD
- Christina Wilson, MD
- Pamela Zeilman, ARNP
Thank you to all providers! We performed better across the board on this two year cycle.
|DATE||Gen. Attending||Gen. Res.||Sr. Res.||SH VA Short Call Res.||Moonlighter 5pm – 8pm Sat. 1pm – 8pm||Night Float Res.||Hospitalist||Resident continuity Clinic Attending||Stroke Attending||Stroke Res.||Sr. Stroke Res.||Stroke Fellow||VA Attending||VA Resident||VA Night Float||EMU & Outpatient EEG||LTM & Inpatient EEG|
|8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||5 p.m. – 8 p.m.||8 p.m. – 8 a.m.||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||8 a.m. – 8 p.m.||8 p.m. – 8 a.m.|
|0ct. 26||Oct. 27||Oct. 28||Oct. 29||Oct. 30|
|12pm Noon Conference, Chair Rounds with the Residents (lunch provided), MBI L3-101, Neurology Large Conference Room||12pm Neurology Grand Rounds Stephen Nadeau, MD “Neurologic approaches to disorders of the spine”, MBI, LG-101, DeWeese Auditorium||12pm Noon Conference, Continuum – MS, MBI L3-101, Neurology Large Conference Room||12pm Noon Conference, Continuum – MS, MBI L3-101, Neurology Large Conference Room|
Click here for the complete (online) version.