Consulting the Memory and Cognitive Disorders Clinic
Here are some tips to expedite the Memory and Cognitive Disorders initial evaluation.
- Specify Memory and Cognitive Disorders Clinics within neurology on the request. May abbreviate to MCDC.
- If dementia or mild cognitive impairment is suspected, include in the consult request.
- Consider parallel consultation to our UF Health neuropsychology department with Dr. David Loring. Specify Dementia Protocol.
- We will want to see an MRI of the brain. If one has not been done recently (within past year and after complaint began), consider ordering one.
- For MRIs ordered at UF Health, indicate the Dementia Protocol on the MRI order.
- If a Brain MRI within the last year and after the onset of symptoms has not been done, we will be happy to order one for you.
Laboratory studies typically ordered for memory/cognitive evaluation
Do you need to order these?
No, we will be happy to do so for you.
Will it expedite your patient’s work-up?
- ANA and RF
- ApoE Genotype (available through Athena Labs)
- CBC w/ diff
- CMP and Mag/Phos
- Lipid Panel