Specialty clinics are available in the following areas:
- ALS/Neuromuscular disorders (peripheral neuropathy, myopathy, myasthenia)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology
- The Epilepsy Division is staffed by a multidisciplinary team of expert physicians and healthcare providers. We provide comprehensive care for persons with seizure disorders or those suspected on the basis of their symptoms to have seizures. Seizures arise when a portion of the brain (or sometimes the whole brain) temporarily undergoes electrical over-activity. When this happens the patient may experience a variety of symptoms or even completely lose consciousness. Seizures may mimic many other conditions, and an accurate diagnosis is important. The treatment of epilepsy depends on the specific diagnosis made. The members of the Epilepsy Division provide state of the art diagnostic tools for epilepsy and offer the latest treatments available, including brain surgery for epilepsy. Our clinics, laboratories and inpatient beds are all housed under a single roof at the brand new Neuromedicine Hospital at the University of Florida.
- Learn More
- General Neurology
- Memory and Cognitive
- Movement disorders (Parkinson’s Disease, tremor, and others)
- Multiple sclerosis
- The Multiple Sclerosis division provides interdisciplinary care for patients with symptoms of neuroinflammatory and demyelinating disorders These disorders occur when the person’s immune system launches an attack against certain elements of the nervous system. Multiple Sclerosis is the most recognizes form of these disorders, in which the abnormal immune response is directed against the protective sheath of the nerve fibers (myelin).
- Neurocritical Care
- Seizure disorders (epilepsy)
- Sleep Medicine
- Trauma, Concussion, and Sports Neuromedicine (TRACS)
- Tuberous Sclerosis and Neurocutaneous Syndrome