The Tourette Association of America’s Centers of Excellence (CofE) program seeks to improve the quality of life of people with Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorders by promoting the highest level of care, research, education/awareness andoutreach/advocacy for these conditions. The program was launched in 2014, with the designation of 10 medical and academic institutions across the United States who exemplify the program’s core values.
The Southeast Regional Center of Excellence consists of five academic institutions across the Southeastern United States whose expert staff work collaboratively to provide outstanding interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary care for people and families living with Tourette Syndrome.
Services offered within the Southeast regional CofE include:
- Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT)
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
- Neuropsychological and Educational Testing
- Allied Health Care (OT, PT, ST, Social Work)
- Cutting edge research
- Online Blog and current Tourette Information
- Tourette Association of America Resources