ElderCare of Alachua County, a division of UF Health Shands, provides food and essentials for elderly community members who need a little extra help. Occupational Health (265-0250) along with Volunteer Services will be coordinating donations November 12th through the first week in December. Donations can be dropped off in Occupational Health (Room 1004, North Tower), or collection bins will be picked up in early December.
At the Fixel, there is a bin in the break room and one in the rehab staff office.
- Canned goods (low sodium when possible): soups, vegetables, fruit, canned tuna and chicken
- Snack foods, crackers, peanut butter
- Spaghetti & sauce, macaroni & cheese, oatmeal, tea and coffee
- Holiday treats
- Personal Care
- Hand and Body Soap
- Socks – ankle or non-skid
- Small blankets/throws
- Crossword/Puzzle books
- Stationary, Pens, Pencils
- Cleaning Supplies