The following awards are presented annually during the departmental graduation ceremony:
- Robert H. Watson Resident Teacher of the Year Award: This award is given to the resident with the highest evaluation scores from the clerkship medical students rotating in neurology.
- Kenneth Heilman Award for the Best Research Project: This award is given to the graduating resident with the best longitudinal research project, as voted by faculty.
- Research Day Award: This award is given to the resident with the best Research Day presentation, as voted by faculty.
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Patient Care: This is award is awarded to the resident felt to provide the most compassionate and comprehensive care to patients, as voted by his/her co-residents.
- Program Director’s Scholastic Achievement Award: This award is given to the PGY2, PGY3, and PGY4 residents with the highest in-service examination score for his/her class.
The following awards are given by the residents to the faculty:
- Didactic Teacher of the Year Award: Given to one faculty member for the outstanding achievement in didactic teaching of neurology and neuroscience, as voted by the residents.
- Clinical Teacher of the Year Award: Given to one faculty member for the outstanding achievement in bedside teaching of the art and science of clinical neurology, as voted by the residents.
All graduating residents and fellows are also inducted to the Melvin Greer Society—the University of Florida Residency and Fellowship Alumni Association.