The University of Florida Neuromuscular Division offers a variety of clinical services. A few of them are listed below.
- Consultation for a wide array of neuromuscular problems by clinicians with wide experience: ALS, spinal muscular atrophy, peripheral neuropathies (diabetic, inflammatory, genetic), myasthenia gravis and other neuromuscular junction diseases, primary muscle diseases such polymyositis and muscular dystrophies
- Consultation for degenerative ataxias including Friedreich’s ataxia and other forms of cerebellar degenerations by nationally recognized experts in the field of ataxias
- MDA clinic: supported by MDA, meets once a week with alternate pediatric and adult clinics (multidisciplinary clinic with neurology, cardiology, pulmonary, physical therapy and speech therapy, participation)
- Neuromuscular electrophysiology: Fulltime expert neuromuscular electrophysiology by board certified electromyographers with long experience in the field
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation for upper motor neuron disease
- Muscle biopsy with comprehensive enzyme histochemistry and immunocytochemistry for detection of genetically determined diseases
For more information about Neuromuscular Division Services or to request a consultation/appointment, please call the University of Florida Department of Neurology at (352) 265-8408. More information on making an appointment can be found at the UF Neurology Website.