The Only Comprehensive Stroke Center in North Central Florida
The UF Health Shands Comprehensive Stroke Program is the only comprehensive, ACHA-designated stroke program in the region offering 24/7 comprehensive services for stroke patients on an inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on the patient’s needs.
Inpatient services focus on acute stroke interventions, diagnostic evaluations, prevention of stroke extension and recurrence and stroke rehabilitation. The UF Health Shands Comprehensive Stroke Program also has a designated Neuro Intensive Care Unit with private rooms staffed 24/7 by physicians and nurses with expertise in stroke care.
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of the underlying cause(s) of the stroke, including noninvasive testing of the carotid arteries and intracranial arteries
- In-depth evaluation and treatment of risk factors for stroke, including blood pressure, lipids, diabetes, inflammatory conditions, hypercoagulable states and others
- Inpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech and language pathology
- Stroke prevention with continued management of risk factors
- Evaluation and care of disabilities caused by prior strokes, including physical and psychological problems
- Outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech and language pathology